TestRail was launched in 2004 on a mission to help software development teams build, test, and deliver rock-solid software. Since then, the TestRail community has grown to more than 250,000 users representing 8,000+ companies around the globe.
As the TestRail community has expanded, so have the needs of our users. In particular, more and more large teams and enterprises began using TestRail to collaborate among thousands of testers and engineers testing hundreds of products across their organizations. This shift pushed us to think about how we can help organizations scale, grow, collaborate, and manage hundreds of TestRail users.
In April 2019, we introduced TestRail Enterprise to meet the needs of these larger teams and more complex projects. TestRail Enterprise delivers security and administration features needed by larger organizations, including:
- SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Enhanced API performance
- Audit logging
- Configurable back time and on-demand restoration
- Priority support
We also expanded our product and R&D teams to speed up new releases. We are thrilled about the updates we have planned for next few quarters, such as:
- Another round of performance improvements
- Major upgrades to our existing integrations with five brand-new integrations on the way
- Reusable test steps, test case review, and test case versioning (with the ability to revert on a per-case-basis)
This month, we renamed our standard, non-Enterprise plan to TestRail Professional. Our hope is that this small change distinguishes between our offerings better, especially as new developments come down the pipeline.
If you had previously subscribed to TestRail Cloud, you will now see TestRail Professional Cloud on your statement. The same goes for TestRail Server. See below for a summary of the new changes:
- TestRail Cloud -> TestRail Professional Cloud
- TestRail Server -> TestRail Professional Server
- TestRail Cloud Enterprise -> TestRail Enterprise Cloud
- TestRail Server Enterprise -> TestRail Enterprise Server
If you have any questions about your TestRail subscription, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]!
- Announcing TestRail 6.5: New Plugins, Enhanced Integrations & Searchable Drop-downs
- TestRail Leads in the Fall 2020 G2 Grid Report
- Announcing TestRail 6.3 with Enhanced Jira Integration