We are happy to announce that a public GitHub repository for TestRail customizations is now available!
Now you can easily browse and locate useful scripts to enhance your testing. And, you’re invited to submit your own UI scripts, API scripts, defect plugins, and language translations*.
The repository includes all of the useful scripts that TestRail users have posted in our forum for both the TestRail API and User Interface (UI). In the repository, you can contribute your scripts, peer-review code, and make the most of TestRail’s features. We have also included a few sample UI and API scripts that can be used or modified according to your needs.
“Over the years, many users have posted very helpful scripts in our forum for both the TestRail API and UI. In an effort to help users more easily browse and locate scripts they would find useful, we’ve decided to create an area inside our GitHub repository where users can contribute their scripts, peer review code, and make the most of TestRail’s features.” – Jon Reynolds, TestRail Product Manager.
Visit our repository and explore:
- API scripts (Java, PHP, Python, and more);
- UI scripts (Push dialog, font, and more);
- Defect plugins;
GitHub Repo for TestRail General Guidelines:
- Script names should identify the script’s purpose.
- Comments and descriptions should identify the script’s functionality.
- Variables and values that may require an update prior to use should be clearly identified.
- Potentially sensitive information should not be published (e.g. API tokens, user information, proprietary information, etc.)
- Suspicions related to potentially malicious code should be forwarded to our support team.
- Pull requests for modifying scripts of other users should come with a detailed comment and link(s) to any supporting documentation.
- The scripts should not violate TestRail’s Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimers: Scripts may contain bugs; use at your own risk. TestRail’s support team might be unable to troubleshoot/help customize the scripts. Custom reports, translations, and defect plugins can be only implemented by TestRail server customers.