We are happy to announce the release of SmartInspect 3.2. Besides adding some often requested features to the Console and logging libraries, we made some major changes to the SmartInspect Console in how it loads and processes log files, reducing the memory usage during log file loading drastically and making it faster in general.
We’ve also upgraded the Console to make use of the latest development tools and third-party components available, integrating it better with Windows Vista and preparing it for Windows 7.
If you have been using the beta versions, you won’t notice a lot of changes as we have only added a few additional bug fixes since the last beta. Here are the main changes of SmartInspect 3.2 compared to the previous stable release:
- New: Connection variables for automatically replacing variables in a connection string
- New: Width format option for text protocol pattern string
- New: Custom timestamp format for text protocol pattern string (platform-specific)
- New: Exception.StackTrace support for LogException (Delphi only)
- New: Support for protocol objects in addition to raw streams in the Dispatch method of the memory protocol
- New: ‘View | Create View’ Console feature for quickly opening new filtered views
- New: Console command line parameter /configdir and /pipename
- New: Internal string pooling which drastically reduces the overall memory consumption of the Console
- Improved: Log file loading performance increased and reduced memory consumption
- Improved: Bookmarks in the Console now indicate whether they are already in use
- Improved: Better view performance when displaying large Log Entry titles
- Improved: Increased performance of title and data viewers
This is also the first release that includes the memory consumption improvements we implemented in the Console and explained on our software quality blog. You can download the release from My Gurock.com and the updated trial is available on our website. As usual, you can simply install the new version over your existing installation. For a complete list of changes, please see the online help or our announcement forum.
SmartInspect 3.2 is a great release and contains quite a few new features and lots of smaller improvements and fixes. You can expect a few blog postings about some of the new features to appear here soon.
- TestRail 5.1 – Introducing TestRail FastTrack for Incredibly Productive Testing
- 10 Must-Read Books You Didn’t Know Were About Software Testing
- How Leading Teams Integrate Test Automation with TestRail Test Management
- TestRail Highlight: 7 Unique Productivity Features to Supercharge Your Software Testing